Thursday, April 15, 2010

Laguna Beach


Laguna Beach
Watercolor on Arch paper

I got to go to one of my favorite places - the beach. It turned out to be a beautiful day with some clouds, cool breezy fresh air and of course the color and movement of the water. I wish I could have spent hours but a stolen 30 minutes was all I could manage. Painting a quick sketch is a great way to spend a mental health moment. I feel so blessed to have paints in my car, an ability to use my art tools, a location that is so healing and the ability to post without too much trouble. I say that tentatively because I am still on my old computer.

4 comments:

Robyn Sinclair said...

Beautiful, Pat. How I wish I could have been at your shoulder, watching.

Lin said...

Absolutely breathtaking~~!!! Love the impressionism!

Krista said...

Pat, this beach is so tranquil. I can see why painting it was a mental escape. Hope your computer woes end soon, but in the meantime, keep those brushes in the car...

Debra Keirce said...

Sadly, I don't think I'm going to get to see the beach this summer...Seeing beach art is the next best thing! Beautiful painting Pat!!

SAMS

SAMS