Wednesday, October 28, 2009

VIRTUAL PAINTOUT AND FULLERTON RAILROAD BUILDINGS

VIRTUAL PAINTOUT

The 'VIRTUAL PAINTOUT' (http://virtualpaintout.blogspot.com/) was over in Belfast Ireland. There was so much green and the country is beautiful, lush and rural. I enjoyed my visit and appreciate Bill Guffey's blog site and the work he does to pull this off every month. If you haven't tried it you are missing a fun challenge.

Fullerton buildings along the train tracks.
Mixed Media
Ivy and I walked to the Fullerton Train Station to sketch today, because I had stopped near this area a few days ago and wanted to come back to do more sketching. These buildings are so textural and I am continuing to use the art set with crayon, pencil, oil pastel and felt pens. It’s a bit of a challenge using unfamiliar tools.

7 comments:

dominique eichi said...

your virtual sketch is FABULOUS. Well done

Laure Ferlita said...

Kudos for you on using the new art toys! You would never know it was a challenge to look at your sketch!

I really love your sketch of Ireland - beautiful!!

Charlene Brown said...

That is a lovely painting of the countryside near Belfast -- and definitely a Pat Reese! I love your style with trees.

Suzanne McDermott said...

Hi Pat! I have SO been enjoying your trees! All of 'em.

Claire M said...

I'm so glad to hear that you did an image for the Irish virtual paintout I'd love to do one ... but time is running out.

I really like the train related images -- I have a soft spot for them having grown up following my Dad chasing trains....

You're getting very nice effects mixing your art toys. Keep having fun with them.

Leslie Hawes said...

A fairy ring of trees! Great art from the Virtual Paintout.
Oh, and I fed the fish... :)

Robyn Sinclair said...

I'm not sure how I missed this beautiful painting. It's a stunner. Now I'm going to have to follow up on the virtual paintout - I'd swear you had painted this on location.

SAMS

SAMS