Saturday, October 17, 2009

THE NEW PEN

I attended the Art Expo in Pasadena, Califronia, this afternoon, expressly to find a fountain pen that would be refillable, resist drying out or clogging when I sketch out in nature and was reasonably priced. Well, I found it is a Lamy with a refill adapter and it’s wonderful. The nib is not too thick, soft and flowing on any paper and the ink is water proof so I can watercolor wash over it.

The ink is India Black with No-Shellac so it won't clog the pen.




I was also able to replenish my palette and got some disposable drawing pens. I am posting the test results of the colors and disposable pens. I should be good for awhile.

 
I also found a small flat brush for my paint box.  Very cute!!!

5 comments:

Claire M said...

These sound very interesting.... any hints on where to order them?

dominique eichi said...

thanks for the information . what was the cost of the pen ? and I did not hear of this fair can you give me the link to it ?

Cathy Gatland said...

Mmm, lovely new art stuff Pat - I've got a Lamy (well it's my son's old one) - I wonder if I can fit a refill adapter to it?

Laure Ferlita said...

Aren't new art toys just the best!!! I went by the art store yesterday and pick up a couple of things, but haven't had the chance to play yet.

What kind of Lamy is the pen? I've heard good things about them and Noodler's ink.

Robyn Sinclair said...

Pat - As I said elsewhere I approve the pen and love the new flat brush. Also just noticed that Warm Sepia - very nice indeed.

SAMS

SAMS