Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sketchercise

This is my Sketchercise workout for this morning.


I walked this morning with Ivy and saw this street to sketch. On the way back I stopped and sat on a low wall to sketch this street that's about 1/2 miles from my house. I like all the vertical lines. This is one of those streets that have the purple trees (Jacaranda). I will have to paint the trees next time. The blossoms were everywhere and many, many bees. Ivy doesn't like them.
I started with the front curb and stop sign and then just finished the car when the car owner came out of his house and drove away.

5 comments:

Laure Ferlita said...

I do love those Jacaranda trees, and this looks like such a lovely street in my mind with all those blooms!

Thanks for taking us along!

Cathy said...

Your sketch is vibrant with life!! Are you goin to leave it as it is or add colour?

Byung Hwa Yoo said...

I love vertical lines too. I could feel as if I sat down next to you.

Penny said...

Thanks for your comments Pat. Love your stuff, we were in California last year, some lovely areas and yours looks like one of them.

Anita Davies said...

Great sketch

SAMS

SAMS