Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Los Angeles Arboretum



I spent the day at the Los Angeles Arboretum last week. I went with a gardening/painting friend. We had lunch while sitting under a tree called a Tabebuia impetiginosa, also known as the Pink trumpet tree. The sun coming through the tree filled the atmosphere with a pink glow. Kind of like the light in Paris. The peacocks and peahens with their chicks were begging for food, screaming that special peacock scream. There were pink flowers everywhere, on the table, on the ground on my sandwich and the sun was warm on my face.
While we were eating I did this sketch.


After lunch I sketched this view of the San Gabriel Mountains.

2 comments:

dominique eichi said...

The top one is so lovely.

Byung Hwa Yoo said...

Colors are warm and unified in each work. You make me feel the weather exactly. Great!

SAMS

SAMS