Sunday, May 3, 2009

Birch with moss


This is a birch that is next to my driveway. It has moss growing on it and looks really cool. I got my new sketch books and tried one out immediately. The paper is really smooth, handles water media well, but the paper won't take any scrubbing and is thin enough to allow paint to blead to the back. The other books I have ordered from New York Central have more texture to the 140lb watercolor paper so this will make for fun changes.

I am really having a difficult time finding the sketch books I normally use. I have been using the Canson field journal, 110lb, 50 pages, 9x12, and double spiral bound. I finally ordered them from Daniel Smith but that is the only place I have found them.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Pretty paintings you have here!

SAMS

SAMS