Monday, April 20, 2009

GREEN SCENE FULLERTON ARBORETUM


The Green Scene is a plant and garden show at the Fullerton Arboretum in California. Many vendors and many gardeners and plant stuff everywhere. It was 97 degrees, with a dessert like breeze that just made it all bearable. I got several new Iris, 3 kinds of melons, (yellow water melon!) something called Mon Cherri and veggies for my garden. It is going to cool down by Wednesday so I will plant them then. That's the thing about California gardening. If you don't like the weather just wait 3 days. It will change.

My models kept moving so sometimes they had many noses all on the same face. I enjoy sketching the activities of people. Isn’t it fun being a people watcher.


This grandmother was just barely keeping it together. The little girl was enjoying her shaved ice and was ignoring grandma’s rant.



Well this lady, what can I say. If you live anywhere near this lady you will not need to plant your own tomatoes because she is going to have enough for you and every neighbor in a 4 mile area.

No comments:

SAMS

SAMS