Sunday, August 9, 2009

Dana Point


The clouds have been slow to pull away from the coast in the morning. It has made it a little cooler in the past few days but today and for the rest of the week the heat will increase. The painting is on Yupo. It was windy and there is sand on the painting surface.
I will be spending a few days at the beach till I get a painting that works. I find that I have to be in front of a subject to paint it. The water and wave movement is still a chanllenge to me. I think I will plan a day of drawing. When I draw I slow down and see better. I look, draw, then look what I have drawn comparing it with what I see, then look and draw more. The more time I look and draw, the more I see.

2 comments:

Cathy Gatland said...

Water and waves are so difficult, but you have a great feel of the push and pull of the water here. I found on my one yupo attempt that any little grain or hair on the surface really shows up!...not at all sure about it yet...

Annaquarel.les said...

This is great Pat! I love the way you convey water and the waves crashing against the rocks.
I love your drawing skills. No matter whether you are drawing people, trees or vegetation. You have a flare. A big hug.

SAMS

SAMS