Saturday, January 15, 2011

Winter Apple

Winter Apple
Watercolor on paper

In California, my garden has no idea it is winter.  The apple tree has new blooms, small apples, large apples, leaves that have changed color and are ready to drop off, leaves that are not going to drop off and brand new bright green leaves.  Today it over 80 degrees and tomorrow it will be warmer.  I worked on this far to long but it was fun and I enjoyed sitting under the shade of the apple tree just playing with the paint. 

6 comments:

martinealison said...

Comme j'aimerais me mettre à l'ombre de votre pommier...
L'harmonie des couleurs de cette toile est sublime, merveilleux jeux de verts, de jaunes, de bleus...
Bisous

Robyn Sinclair said...

The tiny touches of read absolutely make this sing, Pat, but I guess you planned that :) I'm very envious of your warm day and your very own apple tree - not to mention your watercolour skills.

Laure Ferlita said...

Stunning watercolor, Pat! I too love the red and the sun kissed look of the apple and leaves.

JANE MINTER said...

winter apple :) ..incredibly beauiful study pat

cardesin said...

beautiful watercolor, Pat
Sorry that you have not visited her blog, but I see that keeps on working
perfect
Greetings

Cathy said...

Pat, thanks for your visit! I'm so glad you show us some of your work! I missed your watercolours and sketches! This one is fabulous! It's vibrant, and loose, I absolutely love it!!

SAMS

SAMS