Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Roses

Roses
Ink on paper

My yard has been neglected and now it is time to get serious about rescuing the roses and my poor vegetable garden. It is hard to garden in the extreme heat we have had. I planned on pruning (or cutting back anyway) the roses in August and here it is almost August. Where does the time go? I have to start by removing the weeds and that is a never ending task. This little sketch came after I had filled my compost piles and filled a few trash barrels full of unwanted stuff. Apples are falling to the ground and the tomatoes are so abundant right now. Plenty for drying and I have filled my freezer with applesauce and tomatoe sauce.  My neighbors have all they need, too.

4 comments:

Robyn Sinclair said...

Pat - I think your garden has outproduced ours!! We do have a glut of cucumbers though. Your roses are beautiful, I can almost smell them. Don't you hate weeding in the heat. I find it impossible.

Charlene Brown said...

Your garden definitely outproduced mine! I wish I were a neighbour instead of just a distant sketching buddy. And, as usual, I wish I could make every clean, perfect line count as you do in your drawings.

JANE MINTER said...

beautiful pat

Caroline Peña Bray said...

So much said with so few lines...your sketches are fantastic! I'm looking forward to seeing more from you.

SAMS

SAMS