Monday, October 5, 2009

Fruit


I pulled out a piece of Yupo last night and this is what happened.  I love working with it. I have been using Yupo for a few years and love the way it takes watercolor pigment and stays unaffected by multiple applications of color. I use it mostly for my ocean scenes, you can see one here. I have to paint flat because until the paint dries it will move. I have had paintings run off the paper while carrying them back to the car. Also while camping at the Grand Canyon during a rainy night my painting became damp again and stuck to other papers. What I like about it is that you can continue to add color without the paper being affected by scrubbing or reworking and the paint continues to stay fresh and transparent. I love that the paint does its own thing and find it very entertaining to continue to work like sculpting till I find a visual result I like.

3 comments:

Aleks said...

Why I know nothing of Yupo? Am I that stupid to not know something like this wonderful or is that your brilliant way of painting this,whats making me wonder should I continu with my, so called artwork? Hi deary,How are You? :O) Hugs and love from me

Byung Hwa Yoo said...

Wowwwwww, real beautiful color! So I love watercolor for this point. I can imagine how your eyes were glittering looking at it.

Cathy said...

I have heard of this Yupo paper on other American blogs, and I would very much like to try it! It sounds so mysterious and exhilarating at the same time!! This apple looks stunningly alive!
The trouble is that Yupo doesn't seem to have travelled as far as South Africa. I don't even know if you can find it in France...

SAMS

SAMS